Up Close Theatre wish at all times to respect the privacy of those with whom we come into contact and will only publish details or photographs of our cast, members and friends with their explicit permission. At the same time, we request that anyone wanting to reuse or disseminate any material found on our site should first obtain written permission from one of the officers of the group (General Data Protection Regulation with effect from 25th May 2018)
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller's possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR").
2. Who are we?
Up Close Theatre is a not for profit community theatre group open to those who are interested in helping he group achieve its aims, willing to abide by the rules of the group and willing to pay any subscription agreed by the directors.
The Up Close Theatre Board of directors is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Up Close Theatre complies with its obligations under the "GDPR" by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. The data is held by the person holding the post of Membership Officer.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of any charitable donations);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and performances running at Up Close and other local groups;
- To share your contact details, specific interests and previous participation with the director and or producer of a show so that they can keep you informed about read-throughs, auditions, rehearsals of shows to be staged by Up Close Theatre.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and performances and process your donations and keep you informed about the groups events.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the group in order to carry out the purposes of the group or for purposes connected with the group. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the Society with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for no longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 and this may mean that we will retain your contact details indefinitely while Up Close is in existence unless you request that they be deleted from our records.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Up Close Theatre holds about you;
- The right to request that Up Close Theatre corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Up Close Theatre to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in the first instance please contact:
Up Close Theatre
c/o 34 Orchard Hill